- Two brave souls who travelled the length of the Colorado River to create the "Remains of a River" film.
- Researchers at the University of Calgary…working with the Canadian Department of National Defense to better manage the land at Canadian Forces Base (CFB) Suffield, the largest military base in Canada.
- Bankers at Credit Suisse, who are "building an emerging conservation finance program with the goal of providing investors with reliable returns while channeling private capital toward the protection of nature."
- A policy lab group at Stanford Law School, working with David J. Hayes, former deputy secretary of the United States Department of the Interior, that developed a comprehensive approach to environmental mitigation that involves improved permitting practice and efficiency.
- The Instituto Terra de Preservação Ambiental (Earth Institute for Environmental Protection), working to protect the Brazilian Atlantic Forest.
The full story at The Huffington Post Green site can be viewed here.